Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Guitar

Since next year I am teaching guitar, I kinda needed to figure out how to play the thing. I got a scholarship to attend a week-long intensive guitar workshop where you get a free guitar, lots of free books, and three free graduate credits. Pretty sweet deal.

Well, I got to the class the first day and they were passing out the guitars via lottery. Of course I am next to last to be called and all the amazing guitars (classical, acoustic, electric acoustic) were taken and I got stuck with a shiny blue "teen girl" guitar. YUCK! No way I could take that to school and be taken seriously by the teen-aged boys.

The original guitar:




I couldn't get anyone to trade guitars with me (can't blame them), and I knew I had to do something to make myself feel better. So here is what I did to make my guitar cool, and now I will take it to class....




Posted by Picasa

No comments: