So yesterday I went and recorded a lesson at the middle school to send as part of my interview in VA. I showed up at the school and the teacher gave me a score to look at that the kids have started playing. He then left to bring stuff to the high school for a concert. I prepared a lesson off of the score, and started with my warm-up. After that, I told the kids to take out their music - but they didnt' have it! So everything I prepared went out the window. I ended up having to teach a lesson on a song that I had never seen before, and didn't know how it sounded.
I sent in my tape, and they will be reviewing it today. Perhaps they will see how cool I can be when something unexpected happens, and I will get points for that. I should know by today (or Monday at the latest) if I get the job. If I do, I will have to decide which district and which position to take. If I don't, then I already have a nice job offer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment