So last weekend Nathan and I drove down to VA because we had some job interviews. We left Friday afternoon around 4:30. What time did we get to VA, you ask? 2:30am. The traffic was unbelievable every step of the way. Stopped traffic due to broken down cars and construction. Ten hours in the car, when ideally, it is only 6 hours away. We were glad to get there and to fall into bed.
Saturday: We had to get up rather early to head into D.C. where Nathan had an interview at a charter school. Our friend currently works there, so he showed us around a bit. Nathan still has to do a phone interview with another administrator. After, we went to CHIPOTLE, one of my favorite restaurants. Yum. Back home for a short nap, then off to get a manicure/pedicure so I could look pretty for my job interviews on Monday. That evening we went with our friend to his friend's game night. It was a good time. We played Battle of the Sexes. It's a hard game! Then home to sleepy.
Sunday: Slept in a bit. Then I went to get my hair colored/highlighted/cut, again so I would look pretty. Who knew it would take 3 hours. So Nathan was walking around the mall and was so bored! Then we went to a China buffet, but it wasn't very good. That evening we went to a fireside at the church with Marty. Then home to finish updating my portfolio/printing out resumes. Early start in the morning.
Monday: Alarm set time: 7:00am. What time did I wake up? 8! The alarm did not go off! And Nathan did not check to see if I was awake yet. So off I went on a spree to shower and get ready - our interview was at 10 and we didn't want to be stuck in traffic. Well we made it to the interview in the rain, and it went great for me - I was told I was a "star candidate", but they wouldn't know anything until the first week of May. Nathan was told he has to interview with principals, who do the hiring.
Then we headed off to our next interview, but got there early so went to the Silver Diner for breakfast. They had AMAZING strawberry french toast. To die for! Then we went to our interview. She didn't really ask us many questions, but mainly just talked to us. She told us that if she could, she thinks she would hire us right then. But she couldn't. So Nathan has to interview with some principals, as do I, so we will have to be coming back at the end of May. Time for interview number 3. It went okay, but we aren't sure if we want to work in the district. My position would be multiple elementary schools in one day!!!! Yikes!
Then we went off to the airport in Baltimore to drop Nathan off since he had to work the next day. Then I drove home and went to bed.
Tuesday: Woke up around 9. Started driving home at 10:30, and arrived at 4:06. It took me less than 6 hours to get home. I wasn't held up once with traffic or construction.
So there you go- my update. Basically we are waiting for the positions to be closed before we can interview with the principals, or be told anything. The waiting is killing me. I hate waiting for things like this!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment