Nathan's mom and dad, sister, her husband, and her two kids are coming to visit this Thanksgiving. Thus, I need time to find recipes and try them out to make sure everything will taste good, since everything needs to be gluten-free, casein-free.
On the menu: Turkey, stuffing, broccoli and squash salad, sweet potato torte, rolls, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and apple streusel pie.
The dough for the pie was something special. I made a batch using one flour blend, let it sit in the fridge as per instructions, took it out and it was so disgusting smelling/tasting. I threw it out, ran to the store, got different flour and tried again. It smelled better, was so sticky. I wonder if I need to refrigerate it more, or use more flour/less liquid.
Pumpkin pie before:
After: The crust burnt a bit
Sweet potato torte before cooking:
Popover rolls: these turned out to be more like dumplings. Blech. I need to work on this.
Broccoli and squash salad:
Roasted squash seeds for a snack:
Apple Streusel Pie:
The final product:
All in all everything was tasty (according to two guinea pigs and Nathan), except that the rolls and pie crust needs work.








1 comment:
that all looked really yummy actually!! You are going to be a great hostess for thanksgiving
Post a Comment