Friday, March 26, 2010

trip update

Greetings from Florida! Just finished day "3" of the trip.

Here's a rundown:

Wednesday: Meet after school and board bus and drive. The bus stayed pretty quiet the entire trip, and there were no problems.

Thursday: Night is over and everyone has a sore back and neck, and is smelly, but we don't care! We clean up in the hotel lobby bathrooms (it is too early to check in), and then we leave for Animal Kingdom, followed by Magic Kingdom.
Issue 1. one kid needed to be taken to first aid for benydryl due to pollen issues.
Issue 2: one kid left his wallet (and ticket) on the bus and it drove away. We had to purchase a new ticket for him to get in the park (but ended up being reimbursed the next day)
That night, we get to the hotel and it is pouring.
Issue 3: The card readers aren't reading the cards because they are wet. I had to spend an hour and a half getting new cards for everyone, and making sure they all worked.
I didn't get much sleep that night, but oh well.

Friday: Wake up bright and early and I'm not terribly tired. Wake up the kiddos by singing at their doors (not sure they appreciated that, but oh well). Breakfast and then off to Hollywood Studios.
Issue 1: I have two blisters on my foot
Then we leave and go to Epcot.
Issue 2: I have more than 2 blisters on my feet.
Everyone is tired and feet hurt, but we still have a good time.
Issue 3: Two chaperones (married) decide to go on the worst ride in all of Disney World: Expedition Mars. There are two tracks you can take - easy and hard. I took the easy track years ago and got so sick by going on it. They decided to take the hard track (for whatever reason) and ended up having to be taken to first aid because she almost blacked out. She is ok though and just needed some rest.
Today was also a students 16th birthday! We got him a lanyard and some birthday pins, and then surprised him with cake at the pool when we got back. He is the most precious boy and I think he was really excited that we helped him celebrate.

Well, everyone is locked tightly in their rooms, and I am beat. Good night! Tomorrow is our competition, then Downtown Disney, then Wet-n-Wild day!


No comments: